THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
LARSON HOME - LET’S CREATE ONE TOGETHER SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen  for Alabama or Nebraska) or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Larson Manufacturing Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers, and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 2019 at 12:00:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ends on June 11, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The computer of Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.larsondoors.com or bobvila.com (collectively, the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to complete and submit the online registration form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing.
You may also access the Website by using your SMS-enabled mobile phone or other device to text the word HOME to short code 50563. By texting HOME to 50563, you authorize Sponsor to send you one (1) reply message to the number you provide by auto dialer. The reply message will contain a link to the Website. Consent is not a condition of entry. Your text is your electronic signature agreeing to these terms and giving electronic written consent.
Should you choose to use your SMS-enabled mobile phone to access the Website, you must have a mobile phone or other web-enabled device with text messaging capabilities. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. A participant may, at any time, choose to not receive further text messages by sending an opt-out text message stating “STOP” to the 50563. If a participant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the word “HELP” to the 50563.
No other form of entry is valid other than as stated above. Limit one (1) entry per day per person/email address at www.larsondoors.com. Limit one (1) entry per day per person/email address at bobvila.com. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CDT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT of the same day with the exception of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CDT and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT of the same day. All entries must be received and recorded within the Sweepstakes Period.
Multiple participants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account subscriber of the email address associated with the winning entry and/or an eligible participant. Each entry submission must be manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses or IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all entries shall be deemed invalid and prize (if selected as the winner) shall be forfeited.
- RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 12, 2019 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Prize will be awarded consisting of a $1,000.00 Larson gift card which may be used towards a front-door makeover. Gift card is subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.00.
In conjunction with the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will award a monetary gift to Habitat for Humanity toward building or remodeling a home. The amount of the monetary gift is dependent upon the location and specific home build or remodel, and shall be determined by Sponsor at a later date, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner will be offered the opportunity to choose the location for the home build or remodel from a list of locations provided by Sponsor. Choosing the location shall be winner’s only involvement with the home build or remodel. No ARV is associated with this opportunity.
If the potential winner cannot or does not accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited in its entirety. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize permitted. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, on prize and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein are solely winner's responsibility. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing, if requested): (i) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and that such Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for and against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s) including, without limitation, death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities including, without limitation; and (ii) that, except where legally prohibited, such winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
for details regarding the personal information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes. Additionally, any communication between participant and Sponsor or its agencies regarding this Sweepstakes (e.g., phone calls, text messages, chats, emails, etc.) may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. Winner’s name may be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified via email, phone, and/or mail at the email address, phone number or mailing address provided at the time of entering. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's email address, mailing address and/or telephone number. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release (collectively, “Affidavit”) within seven (7) days of prize notification as indicated on the Affidavit. If (i) an attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) the Affidavit is not returned within the required number of days, (iii) the potential winner cannot be verified, or (iv) the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate randomly-selected winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Allow up to twelve (12) weeks for prize delivery following completion of notification and verification process.
- LIABILITY LIMITATIONS:Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, deceptive, garbled or non-delivered entries; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of an entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant's or to any other person's computer, mobile phone or other device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the potential winner in a random drawing from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, human error, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this Website. In case of a dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning such addresses/accounts. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply South Dakota law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING IF REQUESTED) THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR PRIZE ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT OR PRIZE WINNER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) PARTICIPANT AND PRIZE WINNER'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Dakota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Brookings County, South Dakota. By participating, participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of South Dakota, and consent to venue exclusively in Brookings County, South Dakota.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Larson Home – Let’s Create One Together Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 10 South 5th Street-7th Floor, Dept. 612-700, Minneapolis, MN 55402 for receipt by July 19, 2019.
- SPONSOR: Larson Manufacturing Company, Inc., 2333 Eastbrook Drive, Brookings, SD 57006.